Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tis the season to be folly

 
Go to fullsize image  The game has begun! Advertisers, Toy Companies, Toy Stores and other retail giants (Wal-Mart/Target) are giddy with anticipation for Christmas 2010.

The TV is flooded with all types of children's products letting little Johnny/Jill know that he isn't loved if his parent doesn't buy this item for him.

 

The following items disturbed me as I watched the commercial to find out, what is that toy and who would want that toy to coming to the conclusion of, are you kidding me, that is some BS.

Penbo is a pink "robotic" penguin that blinks and waddles and wait, what's inside...an egg.  Open the belly, I believe that is a Caesarean Section, pull out the egg and inside is a little pink wuzzle, does not resemble a penguin to me.

Then Penbo "interacts" with the wuzzle aka baby penguin....Uh no. It doesn't pick it up, it doesn't feed it, and it doesn't really do anything and all for your hard earned money of $60.00.

 

Teacup Piggies, by the way, when I heard it, I turned around so quickly because I thought it said "TIG O'BIDDIES" (shaking my head at myself, I need help).  Bottom line, these are dressed up miniature pigs that are in teacups.

Didn't know you could dress up a pig, oh wait you can, I see it every day at TNS Inc, oops.  Teacup piggies cost $32-$45 a pig, depending on the outfit and accessories. This item may be okay for a 3-5 year old but wait, in the commercial; the girls were between 8-10 years old.  If my 8-10 year old asks me for a teacup piggy, I think I will have them 302 or 5150 (committed to a psychiatric ward).

 

Zhu Zhu pets were a big craze last year and this year they are still going strong. I'm sorry but I do not want something running around my house that resembles a mouse.  Oh and for boys, the Zhu Zhu pet is now called a Kung Zhu pet (way to go, trying to make the toy seem "manly" or would that be "boyly") and they can battle in the arena, priced at $99.99 so you can...uhhh well not sure. I mean to look at the arena, the "pets" are 1/4 of the size, so who is battling.

 

Here is where it all gets really lame, the cool/normal/traditional boy toys that most of us grew up on and still follow today is the wrestling ring and it's priced at $14.99.  The Action figures are priced between $4.99-$14.99 and they have everything from wrestling, UFC, Star wars, Comic book heroes/villains, Transformers, "Regular" heroes (firefighters, cops, military men), and etc. 

 

 

Why are all the new toys for boys so gay and expensive and the ones for girls so salacious or mature? Whatever happened to just having a doll baby with a hard head, plush body and maybe had a pacifier or that bottle when you turned it upside down, the "milk" disappeared.  Why do these new dolls defecate and urinate and who thought that was a good idea?  Why is a penguin having a baby?  Whatever happened to just having a stuffed penguin or any stuffed animal for that matter?

 

Michael Jackson asked "Have you seen my childhood?" Yes I have Michael, Joe Jackson and Motown stole it and for great reasons (sad but I love his music).  Toys R Us is stealing your child's childhood, what are you getting out of it, a knocked up 15year old who thinks it's easy to have a baby because of her dolly,  and a gay son who sticks mice up his ass (Jerry Penacoli).

No comments:

Post a Comment