Hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend...but I got something to say. I was listening to the Michael Baisden, not on purpose, I originally was playing DJ with my radio and came across Luther Vandross "Never too much". I love that song, it makes me wanna sing and dance. Anyway, I forgot to change the station because I realized I was nearing my home. Well this fool comes on and says, so what would you tell Juan B or Wan B...whatever. I'm curious, so I listen in for another minute or two.
Here is the question: WOULD YOU TELL YOUR BEST FRIEND THAT THEIR SPOUSE/PARTNER/SIGNIFICANT OTHER/GIRL-BOYFRIEND THAT THEY ARE BEING CHEATED ON BY THAT PERSON?
My response, NO, never, not in a million years. Getting involved in the relationship of best friends on that problematic level (family too but that's a different animal), is EXACTLY, yes exactly the same as getting involved with a chick who is suffering from domestic violence.
I am going to speak from the female side, because well I'm female and I think I know how 85% of them think.
---Kate: I saw John with Susan and he was being really handsy with her.
Kelly: Well Kate, you know John is really affectionate and he is like that with everyone, even my mother.
Kate: Uhh thats gross but okay.
---Jen: I saw Derek with Keema in Chili's parking lot.
Jess: Oh I knew he was going out for drinks with her after work, it's cool
Jen: They were kissing and fondling each other
Jess: Let me call you back.
Jess: Derek, are you fucking Keema?
Derek: Yo, go ahead with that.
Jess: You are fucking her because Jess saw you all boo loving with that bitch. When I catch her, it's the fuck on!
Derek: Youre trippin and insecure.
Jess: Pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!! (swings at Derek and fight ensues and Jess gets her ass kicked something royally)
---Stacy: You know my sister works at the Marriot, she saw Joaquin and some chick.
Shanda: Your sister must be mistaken, but I will ask him.
Stacy: Okay, do you want my sister number?
Shanda: No, I got it from here.
Shanda: Stacy sister saw you at the Marriot.
Joaquin: I know, she tried to slide me her number when I was up there applying for a job.
Shanda: Oh really!?
Joaquin: Yeah, she said she could put in a word for me but then I realized she was saying a bit more. Stacy sister is a ho, she know i'm with you. That's so disrespectful.
Shanda: Everyone wants what I got, Imma check Stacy sister when I see her.
These scenarios, don't cover everything but they do cover key actions and reactions. The first one deals with the Excuse female(EF). She will always defend her man and his actions and give an excuse for him and even take the blame. The second is the Confrontational female (CF), who confronts her guy with the accusation and a body blow. Now the CF chick is battered and bruised because she knew it to be true and decided to address the guy and fight him. The third is the chick Delusions of Grandeur female (DGF). She thinks her dude is that fine and everyone wants him...bitch please.
All these women in the end will either stop speaking to their best friend because she either wants her man, got her beat up by her man, or doesn't want to hear the truth about her man because she doesn't want to look foolish. These are also the same characteristics of a battered woman, who stay with the shady character for whatever reason they cooked up in their concussion laden mind. No matter what you do or say, she will end up hurt, whether emotionally and/or physically and your friendship will never be the same or it may cease to exist altogether.
Know your friends or have no friends, your call.

No comments:
Post a Comment