
I hate being a mom, I swear I do. Yeah people have it worse because of the type of kid they have, you know sick, disabled mentally or physically but dammit, its my blog and its about my thoughts. Well this one is really personal and I need to touch on it to keep me from touching her (no homo). My kid is a total asshole. I mean she is a follower and she is elitest aka stuck up and yet she is lazy and ungrateful.
I am in the processing of applying for high schools..now if you have a child and they are part of the philadelphia school system, you know how trying this is because our system sucks even though it is the 7th largest in the nation...go figure. While i run around getting together facts, recommendations, paying for scholarship tests and etc, she is barely doing her work. I received an email from her teacher about the two 60's she has received. I have to meet with this teacher tomorrow at 745am, when clearly I should be sleeping because I do not have to be to work until 9am. I continuely tell her that the grades in this first marking period are important because they will be part of your high school application process. Does she care, no. She is too worried about facebook, texting, running the streets, gossiping, watching tv, and looking cute.
That's all fine and dandy but understand, you cant be lazy and stuck up. You cant turn your nose up at someone who attends such and such school because her dumb ass is about to be in that school with them. My daughter is like many americans, she wants something for nothing. She expects everything and gives nothing for it.
Part of this is my fault, not much but part. The other part, its instinctual. This is a case where nature is kicking my nuturing ass. She is her father's child. Always trying to find a short cut and always have an excuse. I beat her, talk to her, punish her, and i get nothing. I try to explain the good side and what hard work can do and how she should feel a sense of pride and blah blah blah, again, nothing. I have never met someone who has an explanation for everything. This is heart breaking because when I look at my daughter, I see she will grow up to be a failure or worse, a thirsty bitch*.
I have realized that I just have to let her fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment