Wednesday, March 3, 2010

hello modern kitchen, goodbye high rise projects




The city has just opened up its Section 8(S8) housing after having it on lock down for ten years. Wondering why it was locked down for ten years, well that is because you are allowed to stay on S8 for a maximum of ten years in an entire lifetime. Ten years is a long time and in that time, they have all these other programs that help you get your "life" together so you can become a homeowner, credit repair or establish credit. They even have programs to help with job training. Not saying everyone on S8 is an illiterate monkey but they may not have the necessary skill to operate a fax machine...im just saying.

S8 was established to help those who do not have much money but still should have adequate housing (Fair housing act, look it up and HUD sucks). Sounds good right, helping other less fortunate, blah blah blah. Look I'm less fortunate but because I work and I make above the poverty guideline for two people (while one is a minor/burden) I do not qualify....boooooooo.

Section 8 has become the lowest form of low, just like welfare. It started out as a "good" thing but then the ignorant huddled masses got a bright idea "hey, i can live rent free for ten years....SCORE!" S8 has become a cash cow for landlords and a nightmare for homeowners. Their property value decreases, meanwhile the S8 neighbors pay $20 a month for rent while they have to pay $900 to their mortgage company.
You have seen these homes before but wasnt sure what was going on. Let me explain, Lourdes or Jen, or Shaniqua live across the street. They never seem to go to work but their is a new Camry(HA!) parked out front. Also sprawled across the lawn is a Tonka Toy Escalade trunk and the little girl has a Jeep Wrangler Barbie Truck. There is a barbecue every day weekend and red solo cups are on your lawn, your car has dings because those bad ass kids bounced balls off your car. You are wondering, damn how can they treat their home in that manner. I mean if they are renting it, the landlord is gonna be pissed they are gonna have to pay all those fees and they may get evicted...EHHH! Wrong again. The landlord doesnt care if they trash that property because the good ol' government is gonna come in and foot the bill. Which means "we" are gonna foot the bill.

17000 living spaces will be available for new applicants. So you are thinking, who wants to live in the projects or the ghetto slums of Philadelphia. Well think again pal because that is not how its done anymore. They have are condos, new developments in lovely cul de sacs, private homes that range from 2-8 bedrooms with backyards and front porches, and they have apartments.

These homes must meet federal guidelines, strict federal guidelines. You may live or have lived in a place where you couldnt use the microwave or the washer at the same time. Not with S8, everything must work... no missing knobs, doorbells must ring, no loose floor boards, no old windows that havent been tempered that will kill your child if it falls. Damn why do the lazy always get the good life......que sera ahhh fuck it.

1 comment:

  1. No joke, I'm a college student which pretty much means I'm poor, I work a part-time job for minimum wage and I could afford rent, but I wouldn't be able to afford groceries, or have a life yet I don't qualify for rent assistance because I AM actually working.

    ReplyDelete