
Everyday something crosses my mind. I tend to not blog about it, but then i remembered, that is exactly what my blog is about. I was watching tv and the commercial for Huntingdon Learning Center came on. That same commercial with the same actors ran strong for years. In the past two years, they decided to bring in new actors and do two new commercials. You're thinking, whats wrong with that...you will see, just wait for it.
The original commercial has some young black male about 14yrs old saying "Mom, I said I'll do better". The mom says "Saying it and doing it are two different things!" Then the narrator comes in and says "PUNISHMENT DOESN'T WORK."
Fast forward to 2008, same commercial, new actors acting badly. Second commercial has some young black male about 14yrs old saying "Mom, I said I'll do better." The mom says "Saying it and doing it are two different things!" Then the narrator comes in and says "PUNISHMENT DOESN'T WORK."
Here we are present day, 2010. Same commercial and different actors and these actors suck worse than the 2008 actors. Here comes the young black male about 14yrs old saying "Mom, I said I'll do better". The mom says "Saying it and doing it are two different things!" Then the narrator comes in and says "PUNISHMENT DOESN'T WORK."
To me, its saying, hey black people, don't beat your kid cause they are fucking up. Because we know thats what yall do...Send them to Huntingdon instead. Why couldnt the black people do the part of the commercial where the dad says, "maybe he'll grow out of it" and by out of it, they mean the bad grades.
..............stay tuned for more racial commercials....and if you seen any, maybe in your part of town, please comment and tell me about them.
Well, you know I'm hardly the fist in the air type, but what's your thoughts on the whole "Don't touch my Doritos Dont touch my mama" hoopla
ReplyDelete