
The other day at work, the ladies and I were chatting about fixing things with duct tape, pliers, and hangers. We have all been there with the duct tape holding the blow dryer attachment, using the pliers to change the channel on the tv. Yes this is all old and circa 1954, okay well 1980's but to todays generation, we may as well be from the stone age...but I digress.
Well it got me to thinking about my own "tool kit" which consists of a hammer, mearsuring tape, duct tape, pliers, and about 7 Allen wrenches. An Allen wrench aka Allen Key, aka Hex key. Now you are wondering, why do you have 7 Allen wrenches...well the good people at IKEA like to sell you furniture and other dodads and ask you to assemble them with the Allen wrench. Last month, I broke down my daughters red metal bunkbed futon/couch bed, which was put together back 2002. The bed would not have come apart if not for one of the 7 Allen wrenches I had saved over the years. I knew it would come in handy (Yay for me). So to all those who use Allen wrenches for their IKEA furniture or whatever other product that some idiot thought it would be a good idea to use an Allen wrench as part of the assembly instead of a good ol' screw, well screw you pal. The Hex will be on us and not even the Amish can remove that Hex.
LOL I'll def keep my Allen wrenches handy! Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDelete