
Last night I was watched Valentine's Day. I really wanted to see this movie last year but I thought, ehh I'll pass on the chick flick during that holiday, beside February is always a rough month for me. Anyway, this movie was star studded/top billing with Kathy Bates, Jamie Foxx, Julia Roberts, Anne Hathway, Queen Latifah, Shirley McClaine, Hector Elizondo (these people are Oscar winners or Oscar nominated) then you have Jessica Alba, Jessica Beil, Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Taylor Swift, Taylor Lautner, George Lopez, and a few others. So I'm thinking, this is going to be really good after seeing those names on the open credits. Well dammit I was wrong, that movie sucked. I mean so much talent for such a sucky movie. But wait, I do have something to say about some of the dialogue in the movie, it was, dare i say it, poignant.
George Lopez character was talking to Ashton Kutchner character and he asked him has he ever seen someone head over heels in love, like really in love. He said it's the worst thing ever and that kind of love is toxic, devastating, beautiful, and amazing. I can agree to that on some "Girl Interrupted" level. That kind of love makes you crazy, jealous, and violent (CJV). It will also make you the sweetest, kindest, and generous person (SKG). The CJV only comes out when the SKG is taken for granted or being toyed with by said partner or the newly found interloper.
Topher Grace character says to Anne Hathaway character "in a relationship you have to accept the other person for all of who they are and not just the parts that are easy to like....." Well to many of us are willing to point out the other persons flaws and oddities even though they know going in, that is how the person is, which makes me believe they really don't like that about the person and they figure once involved, they can change it. Yeah I know relationships are about compromise, but there are somethings that people can and will not change, its just who they are and how they operate. What makes it all so silly, is the person who is doesn't like your hard parts only the easy one also has those same hard and easy parts and yet, their partner isn't trying to "correct" them. Funny how it's a two way street but one person is using it as a one way and taking up both lanes. This will bring out the CJV.
Hector Elizondo character says to Shirley McClaine (something like) When the truth is later revealed, everything else appears to be a lie. I am a firm believer, I subscribe to it, that LITTLE THINGS MATTER. Leaving out the little things looks like you are trying to conceal your participation in the role of said debauchery or shenanigans. Example, if your spouse tells you that "out of the blue" Kevin from accounting wonders why you are not speaking to him or calling him and he is visibly upset based on your course of action. What would that leave you to think. I'll tell you where it leaves me, it makes me wonder what have you been conversing with Kevin? This will bring out the CJV.
I know I started in on the movie but it took a turn as with everything I do. Honestly, did you really think I was going to rant and rave about a sucky movie.
George Lopez character was talking to Ashton Kutchner character and he asked him has he ever seen someone head over heels in love, like really in love. He said it's the worst thing ever and that kind of love is toxic, devastating, beautiful, and amazing. I can agree to that on some "Girl Interrupted" level. That kind of love makes you crazy, jealous, and violent (CJV). It will also make you the sweetest, kindest, and generous person (SKG). The CJV only comes out when the SKG is taken for granted or being toyed with by said partner or the newly found interloper.
Topher Grace character says to Anne Hathaway character "in a relationship you have to accept the other person for all of who they are and not just the parts that are easy to like....." Well to many of us are willing to point out the other persons flaws and oddities even though they know going in, that is how the person is, which makes me believe they really don't like that about the person and they figure once involved, they can change it. Yeah I know relationships are about compromise, but there are somethings that people can and will not change, its just who they are and how they operate. What makes it all so silly, is the person who is doesn't like your hard parts only the easy one also has those same hard and easy parts and yet, their partner isn't trying to "correct" them. Funny how it's a two way street but one person is using it as a one way and taking up both lanes. This will bring out the CJV.
Hector Elizondo character says to Shirley McClaine (something like) When the truth is later revealed, everything else appears to be a lie. I am a firm believer, I subscribe to it, that LITTLE THINGS MATTER. Leaving out the little things looks like you are trying to conceal your participation in the role of said debauchery or shenanigans. Example, if your spouse tells you that "out of the blue" Kevin from accounting wonders why you are not speaking to him or calling him and he is visibly upset based on your course of action. What would that leave you to think. I'll tell you where it leaves me, it makes me wonder what have you been conversing with Kevin? This will bring out the CJV.
I know I started in on the movie but it took a turn as with everything I do. Honestly, did you really think I was going to rant and rave about a sucky movie.
End.
and what, pray tell is a CJV and an SKG?
ReplyDelete