
When did it become okay to talk like a tween, teen, or young adult when you're and adult with a tween, teen, young adult or hell maybe you dont have kids and your just old. Excuse me, older. I do not want someone my age (ad 1977) saying bestie, bff, ily, or any of the izz's. When did it become okay to say this is my bestie...look dammit, either she/he is your girlfriend/homie or you call them sister/bro because they are more than a friend, they are the family you always wanted. Adults, if someone asks you a question and your response is negative, its okay to say no, naw, nope. It is not okay to say nizzy, nizzo, no-weezy.
Understanding your childs lingo so you can stay in touch and make sure they arent talking about shooting up heroin.....errrr screech halt. My daughter called some girl a tweaker. I thought she was saying that a child at her school was a heroin addict. Oh i was distraught, come to find out, a tweaker is a ho or a salacious chick. Where was I, oh yeah, see I call a ho a ho. Kids calls a ho a tweaker. Im not calling anyone a tweaker because in my world, a tweaker is a drug addict that has that weird shake because they need a fix.
I brought this up because I work in an environment where the people are not in touch with reality. They respond to each other only through facebook, twitter, and the now deceased myspace. This social networking has caused people to become more anti-social. Why is that I am friends/family with someone and the way to find out how they are doing, they want you to go on facebook. When there is a phone call, they say text. Everyone wants anyone to be apart of their virtual world but not in the real world. What happened to visiting friends and family and looking at pictures. Why is it the only way to see what is going on in someone’s life is through the computer. I have watched the drama that started because someone didn’t respond to the facebook invite, inbox, wall post, poke (what is poke about anyway). It started because someone had a gathering, the other person wasn’t there and they found out on Monday about this huge event (it wasn’t huge I was there). Check the scenario, lights please:
Hostess (H): I sent the invite on facebook.
Uninvited Guest (UG): I barely go on facebook.
H: well didn’t your phone let you know.
UG: Facebook isn’t connected to my phone
H: Oh, well if it was, you would’ve saw my invite
UG: Why didn’t you just call me, I mean I talked to you on Thursday
H: I sent it through facebook, if you would’ve logged onto facebook we wouldn’t be having this issue.
Uninvited Guest (UG): I barely go on facebook.
H: well didn’t your phone let you know.
UG: Facebook isn’t connected to my phone
H: Oh, well if it was, you would’ve saw my invite
UG: Why didn’t you just call me, I mean I talked to you on Thursday
H: I sent it through facebook, if you would’ve logged onto facebook we wouldn’t be having this issue.
Long story short, these two people are no longer friends and are currently having a facebook war.
Ive notice that people who claim they are "grown" tend to talk like a child. We never stop growing, learning, progressing. Life is like Pi, if you think its just 3.14, then you are limiting yourself in this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment