I haven't yet written anything sunny but that day will come as soon as I can learn to avoid stupidity in the world.
I am considered an adult based on age, responsibilities, and state and federal laws. With that being said, I remember my mom telling me no when I was a child. I would ask why, and she would say I am an adult and I said so and I do not have to explain anything to you. Sometimes a pop in the mouth or some Dawn was put in the mouth because I was a beastly bastard and just had to keep pushing.
Let's fast forward to the present day, well not day but last week. I was asked by another person if I was going some place or going some where in particular. I said No. They asked me why not. Now folks, that has happened several times in my life but this conversation struck a nerve. Who are you to think you have a right to question me. Last I checked, I am adult doing my own thing and handling my own business. I have no reason to explain and or justify my whereabouts or goings on with you. My response to the person was, because I said NO. Their response was, it aint that deep. Hmmm, it must be very "deep" for you since you chose to question my authority. You are not the creator of all this, I am. This is my movie. I am the director, the writer, the producer, the editor, the keygrip, the personal assistant and so on.
I owned a bumper sticker that said "STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL." You know what, it should be, because at that moment, I could have easily slapped a bitch. But, the security for my movie, aka my life, held me back. And now as I continue to film my movie, I need to edit that part out.
Just a rant.
Haha I adore this rant. "This is my movie. I am the director, the writer, the producer, the editor, the keygrip, the personal assistant and so on." this quote is amazing!
ReplyDelete