Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sexist maybe?

Greetings to all who are reading this. I recently encounter a serious bout of sexism with someone I held near and dear. I didn't think it was possible to be 30 and sexist. Well of course it's possible but considering the nature of this person and background of their life, it threw me for a loop. I have told him many things that I knew to be true even though he didn't. After confirmation from one of the fellas, it was okay, and I still wasn't given the credit. In the words of Malibu Stacy "hee hee hee hee, don't ask me, i'm just a girl." Well that is a load of balderdash. If mold is growing on your tiles, what should you do? Let the girl whose bathroom doesnt have mold on her tiles clean your tub with Clorox Clean Up or just plain bleach and water. Or call your friend, because he works in maintenance and apparently he is the guru of mold. His friend is the guy who realized mold could be used as an antibiotic. His friend is so knowledgable of mold, that he received a noble prize for his discovery. Okay I'm taking it far and I'm sure you get my point (can't call it rants raves and sunny days without ranting). I give you another scenario, just so you can really see my point. My friend check engine light kept coming on, I asked him did he get his oil changed. He said yes. I let him know that a check engine light could be anything and everything but the ENGINE. He said, "I have had enough squaders* to know what a check engine light means." *Sidebar: A squader is a really cheap car that has high miles and normally costs under $1000 dollars and it is usually 10years or older from the current year.

I told him that maybe, the car is not getting enough oxygen or possibly too much oxygen. I asked him if he checked his hose and filters or maybe its a bad sensor or even, he stopped me right there dead in my sentence. He said look, it aint that. I said okay and left it alone. I am not one to force knowledge on anybody. I help anyone who wants it. If you want it, I will give it, share it, drown you with it, but I digress. Now this guy calls up his pal and tells him whats going on. His friend owns a very new/late model vehicle so I'm sure he is not under his own hood. His friend said, "Yo you need to ride it until the wheels fall off, your ENGINE is about to go." Now after hearing all this, I tried one more time, yeah I know what I said before but hey, I had feelings for this guy. I told him to take it to the dealership, it should be still under warranty. Guess what folks, dry rotted hose which was causing too much oxygen in the Engine therefore it couldn't breathe. I wanted to dance a jig but I didn't. I did however tell him that he should apologize for shutting down my suggestions. He said, "how was I supposed to know you would know about cars, yall usually only notice the kind of car." OUCH. I was shocked and appalled and kind of confused. Was it really about him being sexist or was it about him being used to women who are stupid and shallow. Granted knowing about a car doesn't make you smart, I'm just trying to figure out what is the underlying issue. Is he sexist or threatened? Or have women created a stigma that we are just airheaded bubble sluts?
Please check out the 925chronicles.blogspot.com and scienceofmagnetic.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Well, women ARE stupid....so, what do you expect? Hahahahaha. Nah fo rilla, that behavior tells a lot about this guy. He probably deals with women on the most superficial of levels. Look good, cook good, smut good, and stfu. Its messed up that at 30 he hasn't broken out of that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Sunny!!! uhhh ya boy sounds like Spaghetti no. 9..That is all

    ReplyDelete